Job Board- A light weight, SEO friendly WordPress theme
How I got the idea?
One week back, an interviewer asked “Can you make a job board theme” ?
I said- yes!
Unfortunately, because of some consultancy’s involvement, I didn’t join them but the idea was knocking my mind up and down.
I thought in a simple way and created a simple job board theme which could be capable of posting/ removing job opportunities via backend. It took few days and night, I was not having another work, so was focused on this specific task. Outcome was very pleasant, satisfactory and bug free.
I created one custom post type named as jobs, and later created some taxonomies to achieve the job listings, taxonomies are ‘location’ and ‘job type’.
What an admin can do:
- can add multiple HR/ Recruiter emails in backend on which job application will be delivered
- bounce back email notification can be changed via backend, dashboard > contact > apply now > Mail 2 > Message body
currently – “Thank You! Your application has been received by our HR Team, We will update you shortly.”
- can add Google recaptcha for spam protection*, dashboard > contact > integration, enter recaptcha site key and secret key
- can change logo in customize, dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Site Identity > Logo/ Favicon/ Site Icon (transparent background preferred)
- can change Homepage Recent Openings Title/ Jobs Page Title, Homepage View All Openings Link, Blog Page Heading, dashboard > Appearance > Customize > General Setting
- can add blogs
- 100% editable cms
- Royalty-Free Stock Images, taken from Pixabay, Canva, Unsplash
- v 1.0 release date: 19-04-2021
- stable release
- light weight
- SEO optimized
- speed optimized
- made with Bootstrap 5
- plugin dependency- Contact form 7
- Builder used- default WP
- Fonts used- Google free font ‘Josefin Sans’ https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Josefin+Sans
- Theme Size- 234 kb
- Theme Bundle includes- demo data, theme